Surcharge on time slots during peak hours
RWG continuously strives to further optimize logistics handling at the terminal. In this context, RWG has implemented a change to the time slots in the truck appointment system to better streamline the handling process at the terminal and to optimize the available capacity.
From Monday 24 April 2023 a surcharge of €15 (excl. VAT) is required to book a timeslot during peak hours, between 06:00 hrs and 17:59 hrs on from Monday to Friday. The introduction of this change is a measure that RWG is taking in connection with the high volumes at the terminal at the relevant times. It is important that there is more spread in delivery of containers by road. This is not only in the interest of RWG, but for the entire value chain. With this measure, RWG wants to make better use of the occupancy of the time slots in order to realize a more efficient flow of containers and to make better use of the available capacity.
There will be no further changes to the booking process. If an appointment is booked during peak hours, RWG will charge a surcharge. This invoice is sent by partner Secure Logistics.
In order to guarantee a smooth and efficient flow during the peak hours mentioned, we would like to kindly request all truck operators to use their Secure Logistics account and log in to XS-ID Online. Then go to the company details page and scroll down until you arrive at the 'contracts' heading. You can then agree to the (put a green check mark) General Terms and Conditions of RWG for the booking of time slots. Without approval, it is not possible to book a time slot from (also outside of peak hours). The actual invoicing of the surcharge commenced on Monday 24 April 2023 06:00 hrs.
Cargo cards on which more than 60 time slots are booked per year are eligible for a refund of the subscription costs applicable from the effective date of this surcharge.
RWG is operational 24/7 and deploys 100% handling capacity for the handling of trucks during these times.
Frequently Asked Questions:
General questions about the surcharge
- What is the reason for the surcharge on the time slots?
- RWG aims to better streamline the handling process at the terminal and to optimize the available capacity. The introduction of this change is necessary for RWG in connection with the busyness at the terminal. For this it is important that there is more spread in the delivery and pickup of containers by road, also for the entire chain. With this measure, RWG wants to make better use of the occupation of the time slots.
- Who receives the invoice if a transport intermediary agency makes the pre-notification for subcontractors?
- The party that makes the pre-notification and therefore books the time slot receives the invoice.
- What if my requested timeslot is moved to a timeslot during peak hours
- The appointment can be changed to a time slot after peak hours.
- What are peak hours and what are off-peak hours from Monday to Friday?
- Peak hours are from 06:00 hrs to 17:59 hrs. Off-peak hours are from 06:00 hrs to 05:59 hrs. The surcharge applies from Monday to Friday. Time slots on public holidays that fall on working days (such as Whit Monday) do not have a surcharge during peak hours. Overview of public holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Monday and Easter Monday, Ascension Day, Whit Monday and Whit Monday, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, National Holiday (April 27, King's Day), Liberation Day (May 5, lustrum years).
- What are the costs for a time slot in peak hours?
- The rate per time slot during peak hours is €15 excluding VAT. During off-peak hours the time slots are free.
- What if my CargoCard does not work and I miss my slot time as a result?
- Report to the Security of RWG.
- When do I have to pay for a time slot?
- Booking a time slot during peak hours is binding, unless the following circumstances apply:
- Storm/weather conditions: Time slots are closed in advance. You will automatically receive a message about this when you have booked. You can then book a new time slot. You will be credited for the previously booked timeslot. You will receive a new invoice for any new booking.
- Calamities: a. Time slots are closed. You will automatically receive a message about this when you have booked. You can then book a new time slot. You will be credited for the previously booked timeslot. You will receive a new invoice for any new booking. b. Time slots are extended. No credit note will be sent, as the time slot is automatically extended.
- Booked time slots during peak hours can be canceled up to 30 minutes (half an hour) in advance.
- Dire cases (such as breakdown on the road)
- Contact RWG Customer Service via email@example.com. It is determined in consultation whether and which solution may be offered
- What if I can't book time slots?
- Check whether the check mark is selected for the RWG conditions in the XS-ID portal directly from Secure Logistics. If so, please contact RWG Customer Service via firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not be possible to book time slots if there is no account with Secure Logistics and you have not agreed to the terms and conditions.
- EAN number (information Portbase)
- When your EAN number is not or no longer active, you will eventually no longer be able to make use of the service Hinterland Container Notification (HCN) of Portbase and the functionalities available within this service. An active EAN number is a prerequisite for the service HCN. Portbase will gladly ensure that you can continue to make use of the service HCN. Therefore, they kindly but urgently request that you provide them with your company details and your active EAN number. You can do this by completing the amendment form. You can check “Specific service” here. Upon receipt, Portbase will check the information and will next contact you to discuss the subsequent steps. After the process has been completed, you can continue to make use of the service HCN.
- What if something is wrong with the prebooking (e.g. an incorrect document has been added)?
- Time slots can be canceled up to half an hour in advance. If it turns out that something is wrong with the prebooking and this is not noticed on time, the surcharge for that time slot will be charged. It is therefore important to have your administration in order.
- No shows
- If you or your employee are not present at the booked time slot during peak hours, you will receive an invoice for the booked time slot. You must pay this invoice. The No Show Fee is currently not applicable, more information will follow in the future.
- Refund costs CargoCard
- Cargo cards on which more than 60 time slots are booked per year are eligible for a refund of the subscription costs applicable from the effective date of this surcharge.
- What are the rules regarding surcharge for a combined pre-notification?
- Furthermore, the surcharge applies to booking, so not per container. If a combined pre-notification is possible, you pay the surcharge once.
- How do I pay for the time slot?
- Payment is handled via the CargoCard, thanks to a link between the booking system and the access system. Please note: this is only possible if you register in XS-ID Online of Secure Logistics B.V. you have activated the XS-ID Pay contract and have agreed to the conditions.
- Can I only pay for my time slot via Secure Logistics?
- What happens if payment is not made?
- Then access to RWG will be denied. Contact Secure Logistics via email@example.com.
- Where can I go if I have questions about my invoice?
- For questions about payments, invoices or other financially related questions, please contact Finance; Finance@Secure-Logistics.nl. For substantive questions about the time slots, RWG Customer Service can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org. For general questions about the use of the XS-Key, please contact the CSD; 010-4367777 / email@example.com.
- How does payment work?
- You will receive a weekly collective invoice with a payment term of 30 days.
- What are the payment options?
- The invoices can be paid online via the XS-ID portal directly to Secure Logistics or via bank transfer to the account of Secure Logistics.
- The payment fails. What now?
- There is always a possibility to pay the outstanding invoices on time, this can be done via the portal or via bank transfer. (note: see also "what happens if payment is not made?")
- How long does it take for the payment to be processed?
- Payments are processed by Secure Logistics every working day. Take into account the processing times of the banks involved, in the Netherlands this is on average 1 working day, for foreign payments this is 2 to 3 working days. Make sure to pay on time, so that the amount is on the account of Secure Logistics before the due date of the invoice.
- What happens if payment is not made?
- Please note that late payment can have consequences. If the payment term is exceeded, the account is automatically blocked for requests and reservations. Also keep in mind that costs will be charged when the account or the XS-Key is unblocked.
- How is the security of the payment guaranteed?
- Follow the guidelines of your own bank.
- Is it possible to make multiple payments at the same time?
- It is possible to make several payments at the same time. This can easily be done by selecting the outstanding invoices directly from the XS-ID portal from Secure Logistics and processing them in an online payment. This can also be done via bank transfer, make sure that the debtor and invoice numbers are clearly stated on this.
- When can I expect the invoice?
- Invoices will be sent weekly at a fixed time. Make sure that the correct name and address and billing data are set in the XS-ID portal directly from Secure Logistics.
- What does the invoice look like?
- For security reasons the invoice will show the amount of booked timeslots. More detailed information can be found in your XS-ID portal. It is possible to export the booked time slots from Portbase MCA Road and from XS-ID Online (Secure Logistics).You can check this based on this.
- Is VAT charged on the invoice regarding the time slots?
- It is a service that is provided in the Netherlands, therefore VAT is due.